Since the end of the 10th century, pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostela are passing through Steinhausen. Before the restaurant was built, a castle was found on the same site. It was inhabited by noblemen who were obliged to host and let foreigners stay overnight already in the 13th century.
The feud had to be paid to the monastery in kind and compulsory labor. They were obliged to obtain wine and beer from the monastery only. Especially during the Thirty Years' War, the inn had a checkered history.
In 1889, the Heinzelmann family acquired the inn. The external façade was renovated in 1972 whereby old rococo paintings from the period 1727 to 1733 were unveiled and preserved. Interior remodeling of the inn and adjacents rooms followed as well as a new building with guest rooms. Since the opening of our Abt-Stube in 1998, we offer guests an ambiance with a special flair.
It is a living tradition to remain open towards needs and challenges of present and future.
The Heinzelmann family in three generations – senior partner Alfons Heinzelmann took over the inn in 1964.
In 2000, the inn Landgasthof zur Linde was handed over to Bernd Heinzelmann.